In order to keep you primed for growth, we work to stay ahead of industry trends. There’s a big one coming up.
I’m sure you’ve seen Facebook in the headlines recently. As a result of the increased pressure for data privacy, Facebook is making changes that have implications we need to address.
Among these changes are new requirements for custom audience targeting which will be in effect for all advertisers. Starting this in July, Facebook is requiring all “custom audience” uploads to include the origin of the information (how the emails uploaded to Facebook for targeting were obtained). From this point forward, it must be indicated whether the information was collected directly from individuals submitting their emails, provided by partners, or a combination of the two.
Additionally, Facebook is in the process of shutting down Partner Categories, the products that enable third-party data providers to offer specialized targeting categories and parameters directly on Facebook.
How will this affect your business?
- + Not much will change since Facebook is an ad-driven company and still has a huge amount of powerful targeting data that users willingly share.
- + It might take longer to locate the correct audience since users can turn off targeted ads.
- + Initially, the cost might increase for Facebook ads since there are fewer targeting options.
How to adjust.
Currently, we don’t believe there is a reason to make big adjustments surrounding Facebook ads and paid marketing strategies. We will be monitoring our clients’ campaigns closely to identify and resolve warning signs before they become problems.
It’s a good time to increase focus on methods of acquiring opted-in emails and contact information outside of Facebook.
A few ideas to consider together:
- + Focus on conversion. We can turn visitors into sales more frequently through tests of design, special offers, free downloads, webinars and other valuable content. Setting up an ongoing software-processed system of continual conversion improvement can pay huge dividends.
- + Focus on SEO. Full technical and content SEO campaigns can drive a reliable flow of website visitors.
- + Integrate Direct Mail. We can lead a discussion on direct mail methods which surprise, delight, and help land new business.
- + Focus on Nurturing. Nurturing warm leads and existing customers with custom journeys is a significant undertaking - but it is essential to increasing custom retention, wallet share expansion, and warm lead conversion and average deal size.